Monday, February 1, 2010

Passing on

There is nothing in life that makes me sadder than someone passing before their time. With that said a friend of the family has passed away. She fought a very couragious battle with pancreatic cancer. She fought it for 4 years. She has 3 kids all around my age but still to young to lose their mom.

When someone passes away it makes me reflect on my life and others around me. For those that don't know my dad has glioblastoma (brain cancer). He was diagnosised 5 years ago. The year survival rate is 5% so he has beat all kinds of odds. But, he was diagnosised one year before the woman above. Being in the profession I am I know to love every moment we have been given. My dad is doing great. And I tend to forget about his illness. But, that doesn't mean it won't come back.

Some people get the chance to say goodbye to their loved ones while most do not. Does saying Goodbye make death easier? That is one question I ponder. We are all going to die that is evident but what happens when we know death is near.

Dealing with a death makes me reflect on my own life. Am I living everyday to the fullest? do I say I love you enough? Will I be remembered as a good person? What would happen to my baby? These are questions I ponder.

No comments: