Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How Rob DTD

I had been hinting for a month or two that I wanted to get married. I knew that he was the one about 6 months into dating. I loved so many things about him. Most of all I loved how he stuck around. We met the night before thanksgiving and 4 weeks later my dad was diagnosised with glioblastoma (brain cancer). I had given him the choice to stick around and tough it out or he could leave and I would have no hard feelings.
APRIL 1
We went on a cruise with my family and another family for my brothers SB. The very first night there after dinner I suggested we go up and watch the sun set. He has never been on a big vacation or to the ocean. After we got up there he starting talking about how much he loved me and how we should think about getting married. I was waiting for the April Fools that follows. But, instead he got down on one knee and proposed. I was shocked.

I ran down to tell my parents and they already knew. He asked my parents back in Feb. if he could marry me. That is so sweet!!! So my mom and dad had known for 2 months prior. And to top it off my mom had packed the ring in her carry on. (I might have snooped through his luggage before we left). Now, that I look back there are so many hints that I might have caught. I still can't believe my mom and dad knew for so long.

Oh I forgot to say that later that week a kid came up to us while he was with his parents and said to his mom "That's the guy that I taped." The little boy had filmed the whole proposal. They promised to send us a copy but we never got one. I really wish that we had. The one bad thing is I had no clue where on the ocean we were and I can't go back to that spot. But, it was beautiful.



MckLinky Blog Hop

5 comments:

Mama M. said...

Wow...it's too bad that you didn't get that video! That would be an amazing keepsake!!

What an awesome story, thanks for sharing it!!

Jos said...

I love when the whole family is in on it. :) Sounds like a wonderful vacation!

Arisha said...

Beautiful <3

Emily said...

Oh I love it...I am with you on the fact that looking back you should have know. Mine was similar in the fact that he had my family come out! Can you beleive that they would keep that wonderful info from you for so long!

Jessica Perry said...

Awww, that story was so sweet!! I've always liked Rob. He's a keeper:)